There are people who are experiencing extreme pain in the heels of their feet who don’t know that they have plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is an overuse damage that affects each sole of the foot. One a person is diagnose of plantar fasciitis it only means that they have inflamed the fascia which connects the heel bone to the base of their toes. Wearing the right footwear or shoes is the most appropriate way to cease heel pain and cure heel pain too. It is very common to get plantar fasciitis after wearing bad fitting shoes. People are advised to avoid walking barefoot or to use flip flops because it has no padding and it can damage the fascia.
Plantar fasciitis starts with mild pain often called stone bruise. People can feel it immediately after every exercise session. The pain can be felt in the morning or after a long sitting period. People with this kind of condition must cure it as early as possible because if not it might be a chronic condition that later on can lead to the development of different injuries in knee, foot, back and hip because this problem can change how people walk.
There are several ways how to cure plantar fasciitis, and those are the following:
- Stretching is the finest cure for plantar fasciitis. It can help eliminate the inflammation. People can apply ice to the affected area for at least twenty minutes for about 3 to 4 times daily in order to relieve the symptoms. Home exercises are efficient way in reducing the recurrence of the pain.
- Plantar fasciitis can also be cured by anti-inflammatory medicines. There are medicines which helps lessen the inflammation in the heel. Follow the direction written in the package for effective medication. Even should eat regularly while taking these anti inflammatory medicines.
- It is also good to try shoe insert or heel cups. People can buy these products in their favorite shoe stores and pharmacies. It is advisable to use both shoe inserts even if only one foot is experiencing the pain.
- It is good to rest the feet. Limit daily activities that cause heel pain. Avoid walking or running on concretes and other hard surfaces.
- It is good to wear athletic shoes because it has the correct arch support for the foot.
- People should also wear their athletic shoes immediately after getting out of bed to stay away from too much heel pain caused by plantar fasciitis.
- It is good to do basic exercises like calf stretches, towel stretches and toe stretches many times a day especially after getting of bed.
- A therapy can also help alleviate the pain. The doctor might prescribed or instruct the patient to have physical exercises done daily and the usage of night splints might take place.
- Surgical procedures can also help to reduce or stop totally the pain caused by plantar fasciitis. There are several surgical procedures that can be done to achieve total elimination of this disease.
It is best to consult a specialist about this kind of disease so that they can the proper instructions how to get rid of it. It is best to know first how severe is the disease in order to be given the proper cure. How to cure plantar fasciitis is in the patients hands, doctors are only guide for better treatment.